Thursday, February 24, 2011

Delphi Pawn

(Person goes to a Pawn Shop)

Person: Hi, I'm looking to Pawn this copy of Embarcadero Delphi/C++Builder/Prism/PHP box and several CDs containing DevEx, RemObjects, LMD and TMS.

Valuer: How much do you want for this box?

Person: I brought the Embarcadero stuff for US$4,500 and I spent a total of US$4,200 for DevEx (US$1500 subscription), RemObjects subscription (US$1099), LMD (US$800) and TMS subscriptions (US$799). I'm looking for at least US$8,000 for this box and this CD (with casing).

Valuer: I'm sorry but a box and CD doesn't cost US$8,700, and since we can't sell it since it's non-transferable, I'd say we'll buy the for scrap - US$1.00. How about a dollar for the box and CD?

Person: What? - I paid US$8,700 for this thing.

Valuer: The license is non-transferable and we can't resell this.

Person: Can you spare me a few hundred bucks?

Valuer: Do you have anything to (else to) sell?

Person: I don't have any...

Valuer: Have a good day.

Person walks out, feeling crushed and defeated.

[[DelphiLove]]

:)

No comments: