Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Perhaps an end soon.

This blog will perhaps, come to an end soon...

The reason is simple...

I don't think writing anymore about Delphi's problems will solve basic problems, like cost of Delphi, whether or not there is a 64-bit version of Delphi, or whether the active Delphi-warez community take notice of this.

In fact, it's quite opposite

  • I think with Delphi 64-bits, the price will be so high, that nobody can afford it, or that the price of licensing Delphi VCL stuff -- like -- DevExpress.VCL will keep increasing... Both of them are currently subscriptions, so it gets expensive to buy the same over and over again to keep the license.
  • Moved all my source code base to C++. Who cares about fast Delphi compile times when Visual C++ with Core i7 compiles in approximately the same speed? Who cares about DevEx.VCL when you can get CodeJock renewals at much less price...
     
  • The Delphi-warez community will probably be happy that they can continue their shameful acts without someone spying on them from time-to-time.
In my own heart, I did my best to lead an honest life and honest living. I tried to live to the ways of an upright person, but I got tired of all the hypocrisy. You cannot keep living a lie that using warez is the right way to do software development, or that you can keep paying high prices in the face of a jobless recovery. Nothing makes sense.

I thank the readers for reading my articles. Unless there's a need to write something, I'll stay low and ignore it.

Have a nice Christmas and nice holiday. I wish everyone well, even to my adversaries and Delphi lovers. If there was a last word, it would probably in the way how this blog started.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, you have done a good job. It helps me a lot. Thank You.

Delphi Haters said...

Mike,

I am doing my duty which many times comes across as negative.

I am not a RothChild but I did manage to get a peek into the "All seeing eye" and understood what it is.

It was kinda fun to see it. Then I laughed at myself at what I was doing and what it meant.

I thank divinity I have a second chance on earth to "settle debts" and that truly, in the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good reading :) And you made me a better developer. Also i moved to using and developing on Apple since august. So i don't use Delphi anymore till now. Sad for them. I'd like them very much.

Anonymous said...

Your perspective has been valuable, and appreciated.

Before you sign-off for good, would you mind completing this review of databases that you referred to:

http://delphihaters.blogspot.com/2010/06/on-review-list.html

============================
On the review list:

Accuracer vs. ElevateDb vs NexusDB vs. Absolute vs. et al.

Impartial and independent review.
============================

It would be wonderful to have your opinion on these Delphi databases.

Your impartial and independent review is really helpful to those (few) of us who still use Delphi.

Thank you, and Best Regards!

Anonymous said...

You give the impression that Developer Express components can't be used after your subscription runs out. This is not the case. You won't have access to the latest version once your subscription expires, but you can continue to use the last version available at that time.

Delphi Haters said...

Did you see the newsgroups when someone tried to renew after 2 years and charged for 2 year's subscription license?

Really nice, really nice